EFD Induction pioneered the use of induction for deck and bulkhead straightening in the early 1980s. Today, it is used by major shipyards worldwide.
Cuts straightening times by as much as 80 percent
- Rapid, repeatable and controllable: Fast, easy, precise and repeatable heating improves both quality and productivity. Terac has been documented to cut straightening times by as much as 80 percent compared to flame heating. Through-heating of steel decks and bulkheads is rapid, e.g., 8mm in only 8 seconds.
- Maximum operator efficiency: A plug-and-play system—operator training takes only a couple of hours. Operation is simple with easy to understand operator controls conveniently placed on the handle.
- Failsafe operation: Pre-set parameters minimize the risk of overheating, so it is virtually impossible to overheat the metal.
- Robust construction: Terac components are designed and built to last in tough shipyard environments.
- Small equipment footprint: A complete Terac system fits in one standard sized container, making it easy to move from one work site to another.
- Extensive work range: Operators can work with Terac within a 45m radius of the base unit. An optional extension unit lengthens the work area to a 60m radius.The handheld transformer lets operators heat bulkheads and hard-to-reach areas.
- Gentle on the environment: No fumes, no dust, no flames, no noise, no gas and virtually no radiant heat mean more comfortable and productive working conditions. That is good news for the environment too.