Sinac is EFD Induction’s range of complete stationary heating systems. Each Sinac includes a frequency converter, capacitors and, where necessary, a matching unit. All Sinac coils, the components that actually deliver heat to workpieces, are custom-designed to best suit your specific applications and conditions.
Stationary systems for every task
- Wide range: Including parallel and serial compensated converters suitable for virtually any induction heating application. Dual frequency systems are also available. Output power ratings and frequencies range from 5 to 2000 kW and 0.3 to 350 kHz.
- Maximum productivity: Automatic frequency control maintains optimum output power throughout heating cycles. Output power can also be continuously regulated either manually or with standard external controls. Easy operation, small footprints and proven reliability help maximize equipment uptime and output.
Unrivaled efficiency: Diode rectifier with a constant power factor of 0.95 at all power levels, and an efficiency factor of 85-87%.
Operational flexibility: Sinac’s wide range of systems and technical features let you choose a solution that is just right for your particular needs. Thyristor, IGBT and PowerMOS inverters are available—as are various rectifiers and matching and control systems, for example automatic load matching.
Improved quality: Sinac delivers the quality-improving benefits of modern induction heating: precise, no-contact, controllable heat with reproducible temperatures and ramp-up and dwell times. Better quality also reduces costs by minimizing scrap and re-working.
A truly comprehensive range
- Low-frequency systems: Sinac’s parallel-compensated low-frequency systems feature three-phase thyristor rectifiers and full bridge thyristor inverters. The serial-compensated systems include three-phase diode rectifiers, as well as rugged IGBT transistors that are virtually short-circuit proof.
- Medium-frequency systems: Sinac offers parallel- and serial-compensated medium frequency systems. The former feature three-phase thyristor rectifiers, the latter three-phase diode rectifiers. Both versions are equipped with rugged, virtually short-circuit proof IGBT transistors. The low-power serial-compensated systems feature hand-held transformers (connected with flexible power cables) that support a wide range of coils.
- High-frequency systems: Sinac’s high-frequency systems also offer parallel- and serial-compensated converters. The parallel-compensated high-frequency systems are based on the same fast IGBT technology as the medium-frequency systems, making it possible to run up to 200 kHz. Sinac’s serial-compensated high-frequency systems feature IGBT transistors and three-phase diode rectifiers. The IGBT inverters are based on EFD Induction patented switching pattern technology that utilizes the IGBT transistors at high frequencies without any extra stress. Solid-state technology helps ensure maximum uptime and throughput.
- Multi-frequency systems: Sinac multi-frequency systems use patented EFD Induction technology to deliver two different frequencies—one high and one low—to one coil at the same time. This gives you the flexibility to treat a wide range of components. The systems are serial-compensated and feature rugged IGBT transistors in full bridge circuits. The custom-designed coils are connected directly to the inverter matching cabinets.
- Custom-engineered systems: Developing one-off solutions is a speciality at EFD Induction. We have the expertise and experience needed to design and manufacture a heating solution for practically any industrial process.