What is induction wire and cable heating?
EFD Induction offers solutions for many applications from structural ferrous and non-ferrous wires, copper and aluminium cable and conductors to fibre optic production. The applications are very wide ranging including, but not limited to, forming, forging, heat treatment, galvanizing, coating, drawing etc. at temperatures from 10’s of degrees to in excess of 1,500 degrees.
What are the advantages of induction wire and cable heating?
The systems can be employed as your total heating solution or as a booster to improve the productivity of an existing furnace by acting as a preheater. Our induction heating solutions are renowned for their compactness, productivity and efficiency. Whilst we supply a range of solutions, most are optimised to meet your specific requirements. Developing systems that are optimised for your requirement with customised solutions is an EFD Induction speciality.
Where is induction wire and cable heating used?
Typical applications include:
- Drying post cleaning or removing water or solvent from coatings
- Curing of liquid or powder based coatings. Providing a superior bond strength and surface finish
- Diffusion of metallic coating
- Pre heating for extrusion of polymer and metallic coatings
- Heat treatment including: stress relieving, tempering, annealing, bright annealing, hardening, patenting etc.
- Pre-heating for hot-forming or forging, especially important for specification alloys
EFD Induction is a member of IWMA - the International Wire & Machinery Association